Da Beard!

• Glenn
    Eden Prairie, MN

Ok, so when do you statrt growing your Deer opener beard? Now I know that everyone grows theirs at a different rate, and some look like a badly shaved wire-hair terrier! But when do you start? I likely will start September 1, even though I only go with the goatee…

deertracker

Unfortunately we can only have a mustache at work. I usually don’t shave the last few days to get a head start. (And hope I don’t get disciplined). I go for all 9 days so it’s good by the end. I’m lucky this year. I’ll be in ND duck hunting the week before and go right to deer camp from ND. I’ll have an extra long start this year.
    DT

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

never stop! wave

I’m with Rubberduck on this one! Haven’t been clean shaven in 4 years. To answer the question, I used to stop shaving about Labor Day and let it go until ice season was over (gotta stay warm on the lakes!). But now I prefer to just let it grow, trimming a few times a year.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

1983 and haven’t looked back. I use the beard camo for fishing too waytogo

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I started about 2 months ago and shaved it last night

Wearing a buff over a beard was a tad uncomfortable last weekend and since I have another 4 days of dog hunting this weekend… Beard disappeared!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

When it gets cold.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Early August for bow opener.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Unfortunately we can only have a mustache at work. I usually don’t shave the last few days to get a head start. (And hope I don’t get disciplined). I go for all 9 days so it’s good by the end. I’m lucky this year. I’ll be in ND duck hunting the week before and go right to deer camp from ND. I’ll have an extra long start this year.
    DT

LOL. Same job requirement here! A lot of guys push it that last week.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

If I started a beard on September 1st I’d be able to hide my rifle in it on opening of deer season. And we’d better have snow or I’d be pretty darned visible. lol

I usually chop off what beard I may have about mid-October and let the new grow from that point on. I hate shaving and grow my beard until I get tired of it then hack it off and start all over again. And yes its white. I hunt a stand so for the most part the beard and deer get along just fine as long as I don’t move around fast. Snow doesn’t seem to matter either.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.