CYBER MONDAY DEAL – Kraus-Anderson Walleyes on Ice Event – Lake Minnetonka

• Nick Cox
    Minnesota

The Kraus-Anderson® Walleyes on Ice (“KAWOI”) is a competitive, live-release ice fishing tournament being held in February on Lake Minnetonka in Spring Park, Minnesota.

Established in 2016 by Kraus-Anderson® Community Foundation, the annual event looks to become one of Minnesota’s premiere fishing tournaments. The KAWOI’s goal is to assist a local charity called the Westonka Walleye Program through this annual fishing tournament. Funded through sponsorship payments and entry fees, the KAWOI will provide an opportunity to raise money for charity and give back to the Twin Cities community.

Details:
    An ice fishing contest to raise money for the beneficiary, Westonka Walleye Program, to stock walleyes in Minnesota lakes.

OUTCOME:
    Funds raised go to purchase 8” – 13” walleyes to stock Lake Minnetonka. Every $1000 raised will provide 500 walleyes.

GOAL:
    $40,000.00 – which would buy 20,000 walleyes

ADDITIONALLY:
    If the goal is surpassed, the plan is to stock an additional two lakes.

OTHER BENEFITS:
    • Target Habitat Issues in Minnesota Lakes
    • Reduce Carp Population
    • Fight Invasive Species
    • Aid in MN DNR fight to stop illegal poaching

COST:
    $250 / entry

Between today and December First, Kraus-Anderson is running an event deal for IDO Forum members that allows you to reduce your entry cost from $250, to $200.

For more information, please visit their website:
    https://kawalleyesonice.com/

Aaron Groshong

Thank you for posting this Nick. For those who haven’t heard of us the website and Facebook page have a lot of information.

If people want to see our event page just click here: http://bit.ly/2gqHmib

We’ll be at the 24th Annual St. Paul Ice Fishing & Winter Sports Show this weekend. Come say hello.

Dstalsberg

Aaron- can you confirm participants will be allowed to fish anywhere within boundary, cut our own holes, etc (versus all pre-cut holes)?

Also, are portables allowed?? heard they were, that’d be awesome!

Aaron Groshong

Yes. That is an excellent question.

If you go to http://www.kawalleyesonice.com we have the tournament map & rules available.

Any angler fishing this tournament can bring their own portable ice house, 4-wheeler or snow mobile. We want our participants to be comfortable and familiar so they can also have their own electronics.

You also get to drill all your own holes and we expect many hole hoppers. So make sure your auger and blades are dialed in!

FYI – The boundary is essentially West Arm Bay on Minnetonka. There is a ton of excellent structure for everyone to fish.

Since there is only 200 allowed participants we expect plenty of room for everyone to fish. Plus 1st through 20th pays out in prizes.

I’m talking a Polaris 4×4, Marcum RT-9, Strike Master Lithium Lazer, TUCR Rods, etc.

Lastly, we are currently at the St. Paul Ice Expo Dave so if you are in town stop over to booth 1220 (Roy Wilkins Arena). Plus, all you have to do is like our Facebook page (KA Walleyes on Ice) and at the end of the day I’m giving away a TUCR Percision rod. Thanks again for a solid question. I think that’s important others know about this too.

MCB

Talked to you guys a the expo and I was thinking of buying tickets for my dad, nephew and I as a Christmas gift, is it too late to sign up and are kids welcome (assume so)? Sounds like a great tournament for a great cause, hope we actually get some ice soon so I can battle test my auger before cutting the winning holes!

Aaron Groshong

You can still sign up. Yes, that is a great idea buying tickets for the family for Christmas. Plus you are also correct: it is for a great cause – stocking 8″ to 13″ walleyes in Twin Cities lakes will very much improve fishing for all.

Thanks for stopping by the ice expo and checking out our booth. I’d recommend going to http://www.kawalleyesonice.com sooner than later to register.

The webpage will tell you when the tournament is full so as long as the big red “Register” button is there you will fine. Sounds like we will see you February 11, 2017 at Lord Fletcher’s.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.