William O’brian

• walinutz
    Cologne, MN

My family will be camping on the weekend of June 5-7. I’ve fishing the St. Criox many times, but have never fished this area. Will I have any problems launching and running my fishhawk 1650 in this stretch of the river? Any fishing areas (general) would be helpful. walleye, smallmouth and/or Panfish.

bluefin
    Farmington, MN

I fished there in the middle of June a couple years ago and had a blast.

We picked up smallmouth, walleye, northern and channel cats over the course of the day.

A couple things to keep in mind:

it’s no wake through that area.

if my memory is correct that ramp was somewhat small but I think you could get your boat in there OK.

I really enjoyed fishing there

nascarfan
    stillwater,minnesota

i would get a map. really shallow with alot of sandbars

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Pack you shorts and a push pole. Plan on running into some shallow sand. Maybe we will get some rain and it will bring levels up a bit. Either way you can get your boat around but it will be shallow.

stevew
    Burnsville, MN

Correct me if I am wrong…

It’s not “no wake” in that area. It is a slow zone – you can’t plane your boat. I think that’s different than “no wake” in that with a small motor, you can still make good headway.

tomconnors
    Wyoming, MN

You can use Microsofts Map program in the aerial view (http://maps.live.com/?q=minnesota&mkt=en-US&FORM=BYRE)and zoom in on the river. You can see all of the sand bars and it will give you an idea of the problem navigation areas.

You will need to get out and push through some of the channels. Keep in mind that the sand bars move slightly from year to year. It is a fun area to fish, you never know what you might find.

We catch a ton of fish on 1/8 oz jig with ring worms. Both Walleyes and smallmouth…

Have fun exploring.

TC

bennyj
    sunrise mn

TC River,

Have you been out lately?

I haven’t but I have boated it recently.

bennyj
    sunrise mn

Walinutz I sent a pm

walinutz
    Cologne, MN

AWESOME

Thanks

Benny

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.