St. Croix temps/flow/clarity??

• rangerski
    North Metro

St. Croix temps north of Stillwater? I was thinking about running up to check things out. Any info would be great! Thanks

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

It was mid to upper 40s on Saturday around Osceola. Think the dam temps showed it closer to mid 40s.

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Beautiful evening for some St Croix catfishing. Weather was clear, cool, with calm winds. Water was flat as glass. Water temp was 49.5 degrees and water level is on a slow drop currently at 680.6 feet (675.5 feet is normal pool elevation). Islands are still underwater but main channel current is not too strong. I fished one of my favorite high water backwater spots. The backwaters have a nice current flow and I am starting to see some fish activity. A few carp splashing and some other fish activity in the shallows.
    Only fished for 2 hours 1815 – 2015. Picked up a plump 22″ channel cat at 1905 on a chunk of frozen sucker. I’ve got to get some fresh bait – looks like I’ll have to spend some time chasing bullheads this week.
    I was the only boat on the water when I came in. Sure felt good to be back on the river at night again. Now that I know they are in the backwaters I’m going to hit it hard. This is an earliest I’ve found backwater channels on the St Croix.
    Good Twins game tonight. Twins vs Toronto – Twins win in the 11th.

rangerski
    North Metro

Great report, I could almost envision how nice that must have been! I will have to give it a shot this wkend!

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Where did you put in Steve?

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Quote:

Where did you put in Steve?

I’ve got a fishing pontoon in a slip at Boomsite Marina just upstream from the Boomsite DNR launch site north of Stillwater. Boat is in the water and ready to go 24/7.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.