St.Croix crappies..

• sivee
    Hudson,Wi. Locked out/ Croix

Headed down to the Croix this morning with my bro, and met JJ Krooked out there to chase some crappies.

WE got set up about 7, JJ was already there and marking fish.

The bite was very SLOW with one in the pail the first three hours.We knew we had to move and chase around to find any active fish.

JJ hooked up his shack to his truck and headed to the highlines, and my bro and i drilled about20 or so holes north up the breakline looking for fish.

We set up in 31 fow and were marking lots of fish but no bites.WE changed lures, colors, minnows, everything no luck.

By now its 1pm. and we decided to go back to where we started.

I forgot, earlier right after we moved.I moved my brothers truck to help break the little wind that was coming out of the northwest.I got parked, left the keys in the ignition and stepped out.MY bro asked if i took the keys and i replied no and tried to open the door and it was locked with the keys still in the ignition

No spare with, we called our father who was home thank god!We asked him to get the spare and bring it out, and he did.What great DAD!! Even though he wasn’t real happy that we interupted his breakfast and morning reading of the local paper.

Anyways we are back to where started and at about 3pm the fish were coming and going real steady.

We were in 23fow right on the edge of the breakline to 35′

Our dad showed back up and set up right next to us.

Within 5 minutes of him being there he has a nice slab.

And then another and another.We only have two between us, but then it started for us one after another, some small and some slabs. After they stopped, we had 11 in the bucket with one coming from JJ and our lucky dad had 8 by himself in about 1 1/2 hrs.

Small jigs with crappie minnows again. Red and white with red dot, and chartruese sparkle moon glows..

Great evening bite, morning really was slooow. hope to back out tomorrow..

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

…and I had to work today.

I don’t believe you were on the St Croix…there’s no pizza box in the background.

Ps…love the new avatar.

sivee
    Hudson,Wi. Locked out/ Croix

That’s awesome
    Check my new location for the winter..

shannons

Thanks bro for locking my keys in the truck today, thanks (dad) for spair set of keys…… i no one thing im sleeping in till later,,,,

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Looks like I should have stuck around for another hour oh well maybe sunday I’ll stick it out.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Nice fish fellas. Good to see the st croix is still producing some slabs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.