First time using Plastics this year

• dwhale
    Black River Falls

I just found this site and its great! I am new to fishing walleyes on the St. Croix and have been primarily using Jig and a minnow technique last year. I have seen many posts about B Fish N Plastics and would like to try some. Could you recommend Type and Color that works well between the Kinni and the High Bridge? Also what is the best time of year to use this type of set up? I plan on being out all weekend on the opener so I am cleaning out the tackle box.
    On another note. I am planning on trying a guide for the first time this summer on the croix. Any recommendations?
    Thanks everyone in advance. I can already tell I’ll be spending a lot of time on this site!

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

Hi Dwhale, Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here

Here is a link to a good thread talking about using plastics on the Croix. CLICK HERE

If you are looking for a guide talk to Turk….he knows the river well! That is the best way to learn a body of water fast. Turks web page

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I have used the IDA guides almost every year for the past 6 years… you simply cannot go wrong with any of them. Just click on the Guides box on the top of the home page to see the locations or do a dearch for their reports by username.
    BTW…you may want to try some action on the pools below Lock #3 where opening day is everyday!

FishHead
    ST Paul

Ive had incredable luck with gold berkley 4″ power minnows vertically jigged in places where one would use a jig and minnow. They totally outfished minnows and I dont have to rebait. Unfortunatly they discontinued the gold power minnow but I’m sure theres something close I just havn’t nailed it down. I’ve had some luck with ribworms in current areas for smallies and an occasional eye.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.