Bite Update-Hudson Area

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Friday afternoon was slow. Trolling cranks caught huge catfish. Biggest of my life but not that exciting. One legal eye and a few saugers.
    Sat the action was a little better. Went a long time without a fish but finally scored several in a short time. The right location I guess. Noticed that speed was a major factor. Trolled around at 1.5 to 2.00 for the longest time until I discovered 3 mph and above. Wow what a difference!
    The dock is no longer in at the city landing. Does anyone know when we can stop paying for parking?

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I had about the same luck on Sat. and Sunday morning. where are the smallies? got silvers, walleye, catfish, and the sheeps, but no bronzebacks.
    I got a ticket on Sat. forgot to put the tear off tag on the dash. they must not check the box before they write the ticket, because my money was in there.
    tried some trolling and got silvers, but everything else came on live bait.
    Sunday morning was better than Sat.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Not very fair to pull the dock and still charge. I just called the greedy Bas^@#$s and they say there is no cutoff in one sentance, and as long as the dock is out in another. The dock is out for repairs now and will be back in soon.

Basically they have no hard and fast rules. The only way to be safe is to pay and that can certainly add up quickly. i also heard the backsteet launch in town is no longer available. It’s easy to get on the river downstream but harder and harder around Hudson due to traffic and increased cost.

PS-On Fri I chased bass for a little bit. Rocky shoreline. Caught about 3. Nothing to write home about.

I got ‘trolling for walleye’ fever so bad it hurts. I still haven’t hit the wing dams and I would like to go back to pool 2 for some serious action in town. Not even close to enough time left in the fall.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

took my own (and all of yours too!) advice and fished the croix with my honey on Sunday….
    launched at beanies… was told by an incoming boat that there was a hot bite right across from beanies in 26′ of water on blue cranks…. that pretty much matched much of what I had already heard… so we trolled and trolled and trolled… landed 3 legals…. (attached of pic of my honey with one… *shhhhhh*.. dont let her know.. she threatened death should I do so… but guess I live dangerously…anyway… dont you guys like pix to go along with a story?)…..
    there was a guy out in the middle jigging on the break where it drops from 17 to (whatever it drops to!)… he was catching saugers in 20-22 feet on jig and minnow and doing ok…..(better than us!)….. the boat that gave me the advice must have had at least one more secret they did NOT share… or the bite died out.. they said they had landed 2 limits plus another bunch of fish….. making their story one of the best Ive heard….. they had the look of pros about them… though I did not know them….. ok.. so I fished 5 hours….. only caught 8 fish… only 3 kepers….. thats pretty slow… I stuck around the bridge for too long and did not move…..
    I was told to take a pass and if it did not produce then move… I failed to follow that advice so I failed to do well…..
    learn from my lesson… move till you find them.. dont live and die on one spot….. simple advice.. hard to follow…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I went out again last night after work. Very limited time. For the first time I caught nothing. Not one fish. Oh well. It was nice being out in the boat with my wife.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Now I am getting concerned…last time I was out on Pool 2 was about 2 weeks ago…with my wife.

It was the toughest bite I had all year. Only managed 4-5 small fish.

Are we starting to see a trend???

Joe Mama
    Stillwater

I was out yesterday. Pulled two limits plus many littles, a bunch of whities and a couple dandy smallies. Fished the Hudson no-wake and the Kinni narrows. Trolled blue & silver shad raps. Better bite was a.m. from about 6 (still quite dark) until 830-900. Fished crappies during the high sun (8 keepers) and then went back to cranks. Off the water by 1800. Higher speed is better – 2.7-3.5 mph. Keep working it and you’ll find them.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Seems like the color choice changes almost daily for me. Firetiger one day then crawdad the next. I have not hit a blue/chrome day yet although I try them frequently.
    On Sat 95% of the fish came on one particular color jounted crawdad shadrap. Rapala makes at least 3 colors in that model and I tried the others to no avail on the other rod. The problem with this theory is I feel like I need at least 2 of everything and my wife is not very happy about my weekly shadrap purchases. I think it might be more expensive than a drug habit! I’m sure everyone knows what I mean.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.