Hot Bite!!!

• has
    Hudson, WI

Was out both friday and Saturday night with the same results. Awesome!!!!!!! These fish are hungry and seem to prefer a faster presentation. That is Trolling, at 2.8 to 3.8 mph. The one thing that seem to remain constant, shad raps over ANY stick bait whether it’s a husky or a reef runner, shad deffinatly seem to be the ticket. #5 on the snaps and #9 on the long lines. Some of the key areas seem to be the Afton area and the sunken Islands. I was at the, Islands today and was the only boat out there. Saw Turk out there for a breef momment then he head up the shore trolling. Maybe be he’ll post some results on ow he did. The olny color you need to bring out is the blue n silver shadraps, hands down by far the best color, even better than the pearl. The only thing bad about the shadraps is the silvers like them, o well it keep you on you toes. The key depth for both saugers and walleyes seem to be under 20 feet, say 14-19. The muskies also seem to be on the prowel. We’ve been able to land at least 1-2 each evening, with only fishing for 1 hr or so. The beanies RiverRat tourney is this up coming weekend. Only one problem, its on duck opener.So i won’t be there. If anyone needs some pointer on how to beat Turk,send me a private message. I’ll be out all next week fishin the mighty Croix.

Joe Mama
    Stillwater

I’m with you Has. Went out Sat morning for about 2 hours. Blue & silver shadrap is the ticket. My buddy was dragging lil rippers and got one whitey. i got 2 legals and a nice sauger dragging #5 and #9 shad raps. fished the kinnie narrows. 13 boats stacked up there, half were jigging and half were trolling. trollers were the only ones with nets out. all fish we caught were in 13-16′ and speeds between 2.4 and 3.3 mph. fish on, boys!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thanks for the tip on color. Was out last night up by fronconia. Blue cranks where the ticket. At least over the fire tiger one I tryed. Caught about a dozen eyes in a hour trolling blue so I didnt try changing colors. I tryed blue last sunday down by the apple river with no takers. Fire tiger was on that day. Go figure.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Any chance Has that a guy could weasel into an open seat?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Hey Steve O. Dont put that boat away yet. The fish are just starting to bite. Give me a call.

has
    Hudson, WI

Stillakid,
    I live on the river in afton so i think we can arrange a trip out. Let see what the week does. Maybe Wed or Thurday we could head out. Plenty of room in the warrior. Send me a private message. I got school till 12pm M-W-F And till 11 on T-TH, so it will be the evening bite. Fish on. P.S. The seagull are goin nuts right now infront of the house.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Mike,
    not puttin’ it away quite yet!. I’ll give you a shout.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

See you guys at Beanies on Saturday….
    Tuck

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

good luck Tuck.
    not fishing in the tourney, but I may run into you out there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.