Its here

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

The best time of year for fishing. I have waited all summer for this. Cool nights Cool days. Leaves starting to show a hint of turning. Eyes schooling up and putting the feed bags on. What more can a fisherman ask for?

Had my first 30 plus eye day on the Croix in a long time. Might have been since last fall since that has happened. Looking forward to plenty more of them to follow this fall.
    We had way to much fun catching eyes north of Osceola last fall. Usually anchored and flipping jigs over the side of the boat was all it took. Floating bobbers through the current was a good trick also. Jigs on cane poles had to be the most fun. My 4 year old son got me going on that. What a great time.

The eyes seem to become a little less picky on what they bight on in the fall also. Caught most the fish in one spot on sunday using jigs, spinners, and crank baits. If they stopped bitting on one thing change up and try something else. They are still on a crawler bit. Im not sure of what to make of that.

How did everyone else do over the weekend? I know someone was out. There was actually some boat traffic on sunday.

Good luck fishing

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.