Strange Story

• rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

well… its quiet.. and Im kinda bored… so heres a strange fishing story from when I fished the Croix on Friday…..

We were trolling the the upper part of the Kinni with cranks and 3-ways, not too much line out…. heading upstream, there were a couple of other boats trolling the same pattern……

when suddenly one boat swerved wide, long line trolling and cut right across my bow….. well.. thats a disaster waiting to happen when lines are out… our lines were short, theirs were long…. *oops*….. matters quickly got more complicated as the boat that crossed us hooked a fish and started to bring it in.. and at the same time I hooked a fish are started to bring it in….. thats when the confusion REALLY started…. their line collided with MY line and something REALLY weird happened… I was using 30# powerpro.. dont know what they had on…. but not the equal of that I guess….. SOMEHOW their crank WITH fish transferred itself to MY line….. their split ring must have slipped over the powerpro and attached the whole rig to my line then their line broke!!…. so I ended up with 2 fish on one line… hmmmmmm…. is that legal? well anyway… I released them both!… one walleye and one sauger….. the boat with the interesting trolling pattern trolled south and did not return……. so if they happen to read this… I have your crank… describe it to me… and I will send it back to ya……. next time you get into a tug of war bring something heavier than thread!! lol……. j/k…….

JimW
    SE MN

Rivereyes,

I’d have to say that you maintained quite the polite composure when reporting that story! I’m not so sure I would have been as calm as you!? You sure your not using some sort of high powered magnet, stealing other peoples cranks and fish???????

Cyber vamp turns to crank vamp!!!LOLOLOLO!!!!

Jim W

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

ahhhh yes….. magnets… I find them quite calming!! ……

and Stillapup will no doubt inform you that I come up with many creative ways to detach lures from lines!…… lol

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

A line in the troller is NOT clever…………..however, doing it when I’m not looking IS!!! LOL!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Way cool story EYES….

ec

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.