Landings? Suggestions?

• DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I am either fishing the Croix or Pool 2 this weekend. Where do you guys put in and what is the cost? If it is just me, I hate spending $8 for bait and $15-20 for a launch. Where exactly is Beenies and what do they charge. I have used the Hudson 94 launch, Bayport, Windmill?(afton), and Stillakid’s lesser known free spot. I have a 12′ boat w/ a 15hp-so I go pretty good, but dont like travelling too far. How far down is the Washington Cnty launch from, say, the 94 bridge?

I have never fished the St Croix opener, any idea on how the bite will be? Will all the launches be pretty crowded? Thanks for any info.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Dave,

I think the cnty launch you are refering to is St. Croix Bluff Park. It is almost to Prescott. I am guessing beenies will be a mess since there is not much room there. The one right next to 94 you mentioned is unorganized but should have room. The Hudson city ramp will most likely be full quickly. Like you said, stillakids secret ramp is always an option.

If you end up launching in Hudson I would suggest drifting the channel.(bait) Start at the railroad bridge and drift down to 94. You should be able to find some action in that stretch. Another option would be to follow the crowds. Not very glamorous but certainly an option, especially when your fishing an unfamiliar area. I wish I could tell you more but that would be tapping into my secret spots. Good luck.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

The secret spot is no more guys………………but the North Hudson access across from Anderson’s is still an option. Limited roadside parking but I haven’t seen any problems with the locals down there. The old spot is being monitored by the neighbors and if you’re from out of town, they’re going to petition to close it off and try turning it into an “ownership” or “association only” launch. It’ll probably happen because I’ve noticed that suddenly a lot of the houses are going up for sale. So, if you can team up with a “towny”, you might get use of it………….otherwise it could put an end to it’s availability for everyone.

As for the bite Dave…………….the opener should be pretty good from about Stillwater/Bayport north. By mid-May Hudson area picks up quite a bit by comparison.

Good luck all!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.