Lower and Lower

• rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

OK… I can be happy to report the river is dropping… its ALMOST back in its banks… but they STILL have the Osceola landing closed… hopefully it will open this week….. we did get a LOT of snow… but it seems to have melted and sunk into the ground.. whereas before when all the snow melted and we had 2 days of rain the frost was not out of the ground and it all ran off…… so the river should continue to drop…

BigBass
    Hudson & Chetek, WI

Hudson is still closed also… Funny thing though, when I drove by the launch downtown, a guy drove his truck and boat into the water so far that the waves looked like they where hitting his rocker-panels bumper to bumper! He still couldn’t get his rig deep enough to launch his pleasure boat!

thor
    Hudson WI

ill probably go to the croix weather depending later this week and sat, does anyone have current water temps? or know where to get them?

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

The good news is that we crested 8 feet lower than last year!

Still lots of debris floating down.

Temp Sat 20th was 53 degrees by the Kinni.

Ferny.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

I think we just might have a good to great opener up here in the osceola area…. with the cooler weather and the high water the fish should hang up here for a little while longer than usual….. Im talking walleye of course…. dont know how these conditions affect bass and notherns….

ErikWinkleman
    Osceola, WI

Where abouts are you going to try for opener? in the osceola area..maybe i will run into you??

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Im pretty sure I will be somewhere between Osceola and Taylors falls… Im not sure where yet……. kinds of depends on river conditons and angling pressure!

ErikWinkleman
    Osceola, WI

hey what are you thinking of using for bait? ?? crank baits? jig and minnow? what is usually the most productive?

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

the traditional bait that most of the locals seem to use is a #5 shad rap.. in what ever their favorite pattern is… the long line troll them slowly upstream along the edges of holes and on flats… BUT drifting jigs CAN be just as effective….. or more so since often the majority of people are not doing it….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

I checked today.. the park is open and the water is below the banks and still dropping… its actually fairly clear… and very fishable right now…. time to get out after some white bass….. next weekend… walleyes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.