2014 SCVWL

• Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I am now taking suggestions for the 2014 St.Croix Valley Walleye League. Things you like, things you don’t like, Sponsors you’d like to see, dates & etc… Anything is fair game please email your suggestions to [email protected]. Also if you are interested in SCVWL hats or sweatshirts please let me know asap at above e-mail. I will be placing an order soon.

Watch http://www.scvwl.com for updates over the next few weeks. I am looking forward to another great year

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Woohoo can’t wait to start

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

One of my suggestions is going to be starting late June to try and avoid high water. As much as I like the Windmill Marina it really takes fishing North of Hudson out of the game.

scalesorskin
    south eatern ,Minnesota

In my opinion the best fishing in the croix is earlier in the season.. that being said I think it would be a good idea to have tournaments in May and June even with high water maybe change to take off location…. the high water does not seem to affect the croix as much as other rivers its still usually pretty clean and the fish bite like crazy… if the no wake is one could change take off locations.

redneck
    Rosemount

You could always start out of Prescott

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

In my opinion the best fishing in the croix is earlier in the season.. that being said I think it would be a good idea to have tournaments in May and June even with high water maybe change to take off location…. the high water does not seem to affect the croix as much as other rivers its still usually pretty clean and the fish bite like crazy… if the no wake is one could change take off locations.

Great input but the league has been there done that.

The Croix is a massive body of water and to go at it under “no wake” speeds in just 3 hours doesn’t really get you far. The league did it one year and we all fished the Bayport basin. It was fun and fish were caught but not everyone likes to fish up that way. Also, we started in May last year and the fishing only got better and better as the year went on so I honestly can’t say as a avid Croix fisherman that the fishing is better in May than it is in September and the rest of the time in-between.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I’m hoping to order sweatshirts Monday Feb. 3rd so if you want one or 2 please e-mail me. Here’s a link to the brand and style sweatshirts I’m going to order : >>> LINK <<<

I own one of these and next to my IDO sweatshirt it is my favorite

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I like starting the league mid May or early June. It starts to get dark early in August and you lose fishing time fast.

396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

Last years schedule was good for me. What is the verdict on the sweat shirts.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

IF YOU WANT SWEATSHIRTS PLEASE E-MAIL A CONFIRMATION AND SIZE

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

2014 Date’s released see web-site for details

Pre-league meeting at Matt’s Lucky Bait & Tackle in Lakeland, MN on April 29th at 7pm.

TLG
    Hastings Mn.

To be in the league, should I just come to the meeting and enter or is there a something I should do in advance?

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Just show up to the pre-league meeting. There are no membership fees and the payback is 100%

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Guys,

Sorry I kind of put the sweatshirts on hold. I had other things come up during the time frame I was working on…..

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Meeting is this coming Tuesday 4/29/14.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I’m glad you posted this update Jesse. For some reason I was thinking the Pre-League meeting was scheduled for the Tuesday before the first league night. Can’t wait.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Will beer be on tap for the meeting? Maybe busch light and some fun dogs??

baitshopguy13
    Lakeland,MN

i am thinking pulled pork …. dogs again maybe… but BYOB

baitshopguy13
    Lakeland,MN

Thanks to all who showed up last night it was great to see every one there

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Just a heads up. SCVWL begins fishing on Tuesday June 10th. I am getting website updated today

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

1st night of league fishing postponed due to high water. We will begin fishing on Tuesday June 17th. Stay tuned to the league website for recent updates

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I am sorry to announce that DUE TO HIGH WATER LEAGUE HAS BEEN CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.