Zeeb checkpoint

• paxtonrasm
    Woodville, WI

I’ve never been subject to one of these checkpoints yet. Can someone inform me what I’m supposed to do? Usually put in in Hudson and head as far north as Stillwater or as far south as the Kinni.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

you shouldn’t have any problems. the checkpoint is quite a bit north of Stillwater, closer to Osceola.

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

The new check point is at the High Bridge ( railroad bridge ), and it’s not really a check point but a boat no pass place.

Keep catchin’

Turk

thor
    Hudson WI

is that bridge also where a small parking lot is and a park i believe?last year in the spring caught some walleye trolling just north of there. and that was a good spot to put in, after finding out more about the area i should have been casting for smallies!!!

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

the area your describing sounds like the launch at Osceola….. there are not many bridges across the St Croix and I dont think there is a landing by the high bridge….

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I don’t recall seeing anything around the high bridge either………….

Thor, the high bridge is a railroad crossing that is up the river from Stillwater a few miles and south of Osceola a good distance as well.

Rivereyes, what is the closest landing you can think of? Franconia? Marine on the St. Croix?

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

I think the closest would be Marine…. then next up the river is WIlliam Obrien state park… then Osceola…. then Franconia… then Interstate park (launch on both sides)…. and the last launch up from stillwater is the Public one… Ive launched at all of them at one time or another…..

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Okay, so I had no idea where Franconia was! LOL! For some reason whenever you’d speak of it I thought you were south of Osceola! Ha-HAaaaa……….I’m a dope! :0 ) LOL!

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

Hey RiverEyes don’t forget the Copas dirt launch by hwy 96 and 96. You can launch without the 90 degree turn while the river is up!

Ferny.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.