ATTN SCVWL UPDATE

• Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I just got off the phone with Windmill Marina and they are willing to give us a break on the launch fee. So tuesday 06/04/2013 league will be held out of Windmill Marina in Afton MN. They are giving us a $5 break on the launch fee so it will only cost us $10 to launch but there is a catch….ABSOLUTELY NO POWER LOADING . There will be someone watching when we come off the water at 9. PLEASE DO NOT power load. If we can get in and out of WIndmill Marina incident free they will be willing to give us discounts and work with us in the future. Thank you

See you Tuesday

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Windmill and the crew are awesome!

Launch and land two at a time. I think the dock hands are off at 8 or 9 pm. Which is too bad as they are very helpful and worth a tip…in my opinion of course.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

What is Power loading? Do you not have to motor your boat onto the trailer? or is this when you have the boat on the trailer and have the motor going still till you hook the boat if you are by yourself?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Boat up to the back of your trailer, hook on the rope and crank it onto the trailer.

Some extremely well balanced people can drive up on the trailer then walk down the tongue to hook up…then crank on.

Power loading is when the boat is loaded on the trailer using the motor to push it all the way up to the stop.

You’ll be fine if you can load your boat without moving your throttle past idle.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Great it will be awesome. No need to power load (keep it at idle) Back the trailer in farther:)

396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

Launch is nice and seems to be deep. Just rember to make room to get the trucks around and lined up for launching and retrieving

mudlizard
    st. marys pt. MN

That would be me, Im one of the night guards and working that night. Have a good night of fishing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.