still the dead C(roix)

• salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

was out from about sun up until now trying every shore spot I could think of, not a single bite all day. from what I saw, noone else was catching anything either aside from the lucky guy that brought in a mudpuppy. I hope this isnt a sign for the opener thats for sure.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Every crappie spot was dead? Or were you chasing cats?

See any guys purposely and illegaly tageting out of season fish?

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

Quote:

Every crappie spot was dead? Or were you chasing cats?
    See any guys purposely and illegaly tageting out of season fish?

I was fishing for cats and crappies, no luck with either. did see quite a few guys casting walleye plastics until a warden came by. while he was there a car full of people came up, u turned and took off without stopping so he probably stopped those guys from poaching. only saw a mudpuppy and Im assuming a sheephead caught all day long. Im hoping itll imporve with the high water by saturday.

tipdown
    Hudson, WI

Spent a few hours yesterday chasing the elusive whitebass and yes they were there and willing. Such aggressive little buggers, the current had to be just right. Throwing 1/8 and 3/16 oz jigs on ringers and paddletails. Should be a good opener!

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

Quote:

Spent a few hours yesterday chasing the elusive whitebass and yes they were there and willing. Such aggressive little buggers, the current had to be just right. Throwing 1/8 and 3/16 oz jigs on ringers and paddletails. Should be a good opener!

on shore or out in a boat?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.