Crock pot

• Nitrodog

Heading up ice fishing after Christmas, looking for ideas for food for the crock pot?

riverruns
    Inactive

homemade venison baloney and homemade sauerkraut.

404 ERROR
    MN

Chili is my go-to crock pot meal while ice fishing…but be prepared for the stink. Mac and Cheese or pulled chicken and rice with corn is a really good option.

Crockpot Cheesy Chicken & Rice

That is close to the recipe I use, but I put a little less chicken stock and add a can of cream of mushroom soup.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Meat and potatoes, chili, soup… There is so many, just google crock pot recipes.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Maybe it’s my German heritage, but you can’t beat pork and kraut in the crock all day. I’ve also made German gumbo, which is similar but add in cooked sausage, cooked bacon and potatoes.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

Ham and beans

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Pizza Hotdish, split pea and ham soup

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Lasagna or Tortilla casserole.

Sliced roast beef and Au Jus for French dip sandwiches.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Im partial to chuck roast in crock pot. Add onions, carrots and potatoes. Season to taste. Hardy meal that wont give anyone the chits. I’ve gotten into the habit of not cooking any tomato based meals on weekend trips just to be safe…My old policy was one tomato based meal per trip which is usually a safe decision.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Beef ribs in red wine. Put salt and pepper on ribs and sear off the ribs in a large iron skillet in olive oil first.

Dice a red onion and place in crock pot. Add ribs and pour a bottle of red wine over the top. Add carrots and other veg, I do parsnips because Mrs. Grouse like them, but whatever turns your crank. Cook on low until very tender.

Use wine and onions to make gravy in usual way. Serve with mashed potatoes.

Grouse

soldiersdad1
    La Crosse, WI

One of my most popular and most requested crock pot meals this time of year, is potato soup. It is SO GOOD while on the ice or once we get home. Usually doesn’t survive for a second meal.

steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

How about your recipe?

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

One of our rituals is a corned beef. Boil some carrots and red potatoes and good to go.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.