Creek Chub Fishing

• crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Long story short I throw artificial baits/lures in 99.5% of my fishing. But one thing I’ve wanted to do for a long time is go to a small creek, catch some creek chubs, and then go fishing with them. I met a guy that showed me how to catch them(small ice jig and hunk of worm). I’m just wondering what types of bites/lakes river I should use them on? Pool 4 walleye in the fall maybe? Smallmouth on the river? Do they work good in lakes too? Any info no matter specific or general in where or how to fish them would be appreciated. I live in the metro. Oh, and also the best way to keep them alive and how long they last in captivity, etc.

luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

You need to review fishing regulation section on bait. There are certain rules on how you can catch minnows and also on transporting them. The guy who helped you out may not be familiar with the regs and you don’t want to get into trouble.

tim hurley

You should be able to catch them and fish them in the same system, so catch them in Isles and fish them in Calhoun (BTW Isles probably does not have them) Fish Lake bait gets them (call first) Vados might get them too—good luck

craig s

Darn near any small flowing creek will have chubs..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.