Counter top ice maker

• stevenoak

6 years ago I bought a big up right freezer and had an ice maker installed in it. I pulled the factory tray and replaced it with a Bigger Tupperware tub. Always had all the ice I wanted. Apparently 6 years is how long a freezer lasts now, if you’re lucky. So, we junked the perfectly good ice maker with the freezer. We just bought a plain freezer. Now I’m looking for a stand-alone ice maker. Figure if one goes bad, we can replace it separately. Looks like they make about 16 pounds of ice in 24 hours. But looks like you have to fill a tank in the back. Not sure how many cycles it would take to make 10#s of ice. Or if it’s an option to hook one up to water supply so it could fill itself. Reviews look good on most of them. Igloo makes one for about $100. Buying ice is a pain in the butt. Getting more expensive and the bags keep getting smaller. Anyone have one?

RT
    Twin Cities

I’ve got a Frigidaire countertop ice maker and it’s great. Kicks out ice within 5 minutes.

mudhole

I have one (not sure brand) and several friends have one (not sure brands). They have them because they use them camping. We have one cause we drinks lots. lol

They all make cubes fast. But none make very hard or cold ice…yes some ice is colder than others. When you throw them in the freezer you’ll have to do some chipping to break them apart for cocktails as they freeze together. Not a big deal but just an FYI.

CaptainMusky

Buddy has one they got at costco. Dont know the brand but it kicked out ice like crazy. You would load the water from the top by lifting out the ice tray. It made these cool cubes that had a hole in the middle so I think it actually made your drinks colder than regular cubes.

Ripjiggen

Have Luma brand at the lake cuz we don’t have good water. Works great and we drink a lot of cocktails and beer.

Dave maze
    Isanti

I found one that makes hard ice off Amazon. It looks like a mini fridge but it has a traditional ice maker and a storage tub inside. Makes about 10 lbs a day. I transfer the ice into my chest freezer for few days if I’m planning a camping trip.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.