Cordless Drill Auger Build

• Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Fwiw, I’m using a Milwaukee drill, with a clam plate, and an 8 inch laser auger. I have the 12v battery on my drill, I’m now between 85-100 holes, and my battery gauge says 3/4 full! This is easily the fastest and nicest auger I’ve had. Gas Nils 8″ will be for sale!

Pailofperch

I should add that my auger and clam plate are on year 3. Probably 300-400 holes per year cause I only used it early and late. Used gas during “thick” ice season. I had a Makita drill w 5.0 batteries. The Makitas have a specific smart chip which shuts off under extra torque, and didn’t fair to well on the ice. They’re also pretty cold sensitive. After talking with a Makita rep, he actually told me to buy the Milwaukee for this purpose. I run Makitas for work and have a large pile of batteries, so that’s why I tried it.

curleytail

Fwiw, I’m using a Milwaukee drill, with a clam plate, and an 8 inch laser auger. I have the 12v battery on my drill, I’m now between 85-100 holes, and my battery gauge says 3/4 full! This is easily the fastest and nicest auger I’ve had. Gas Nils 8″ will be for sale!

How does your Milwaukee handle the 8 inch lazer? I’ve heard some reports say they bind badly at the bottom of the hole and some say it’s no issue if you anticipate the bottom of the hole and lift up slightly as the auger finishes the hole.

Ive considered an 8 inch lazer for mine since i have an 8 inch lazer power auger and have a handful of spare blades. I guess the power auger blades are the same as the hand auger blades, just with notches.

Pailofperch

Curleytail, this combo goes from top of ice into water without a hitch! I don’t push down, or lift up. My cousin has ran this setup with a 6″ laser and 5-9.0’s for a couple years now. So I knew it would work, but add the 8″ auger and the 12v battery and it’s a dream. I’ve had 3 jiffy’s a strike master and a Nils, all new. This is twice as good as any of them at their best.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

12v battery or 12ah battery?

Pailofperch

Sorry, doah , 18v 12amp.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20180520-203734.png

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.