Coralville/Mcbride got quiet

• gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

My guess is that your all out there where your supposed to be. FISHING
    Look out ya all because that honey do list is going to have to wait!!!

superdave
    NE IA

I fished Big Mac last night. One 14″ ‘eye, a 3lb northern, and a few small delicious bass was all. Slowwwww, the water temp is back down to 55. Hopefully things straighten out soon.

kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

I wish…work has been crazy the last few weeks and will get worse. ‘Not been out since my report, Monday last week.

Tommorrow a small group of us is heading to pools 9/10 to try for some ‘eyes and panfish. I might try to start night trolling at the Mac next week if the weather breaks…

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

The cold front is going to work out great – slow down the upcoming spring bite so that I can get away to the big river for a couple of days.

I’ll see y’all when we get back, I’m sure. Another week or two, and those crappies gotta start finding their way into the coves.

VikeFan

I picked up a few crappies out at Macbride last night; not a lot, but enough to make the trip worth while. Surface temps have dropped to fifty-six from sixty-two last Friday, which should put the spawn off for a couple weeks yet.

tfuller4
    Marion, Ia

Were they in deeper water because of the cold front. I was there monday and caught 6 nice ones and a few small ones fishing the banks with floats and a jig…..I imagine they have moved off the banks for now…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.