cook kit

• mike mulhern

What do you pack and what do you pack it in when you assemble your hot food cooked on a boat or on the ice? what do like to prepare that is tasty and easy clean up without making a mess in the boat or in the truck on the ice? I like to gas grill burgers and heat some raw fried potatoes on a Coleman propane stove.

On a related topic whats your snack kit for nonheated fishing snacks that are boat worthy?
    Mike mulhern

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Family likes asparagus, easy to take in some Tupperware and toss on grill for a few minutes.

Kabobs are easy, hotdogs, brats, burgers are good but gets the grill greasy and deal with flames a bit.

Pre made packet of veggies in tinfoil also works good for us. Toss on right away and by the time meat is done they are also done.

Posted this before, but the pic was a solo trip, and the flames were well worth it that day.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20170717_163938698.jpg

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’ve found, at least in my experiences, that the hardest thing to remember when using those small portable grills is something to flip meat with. You know you need the grill and obviously the meat, yet typically I end up flipping burgers with a melting plastic fork.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Keep the tongs and spat right in the boat with a brillo pad.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Metal coffee can or something metal with a lid, fill 1/2 way with Crisco shortening. Can do a shore lunch, heats to a liquid, cools back to a solid. No splashing around.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I do everything from grilling to baking on the boat. Fresh cinnamon rolls is one of my favorite breakfasts.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Johnsonvilles on the shore with my small charcoal Weber grill doesn’t take long and nice stretching the legs on shore for awhile

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Here’s my cinnamon roll process.
    1 pack of frozen cinnamon rolls
    1/2 cup of chopped peaches
    1 TBSP butter
    1 TBSP brown sugar

Attachments:
    1. cinnbun3.jpg

2. cinnbun1.jpg

3. cinnbun2.jpg

rwilliam
    St.Paul, Mn

SuperDave,
    Looks like you have some type of baking stones on your grill. I like it, and might have to do that myself.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

SuperDave,
    Looks like you have some type of baking stones on your grill. I like it, and might have to do that myself.

A pizza stone or ceramic tile works great as a heat shield and allows one to bake without burning the bottom of the biscuits. Put some sausage gravy in one tin foil pan and biscuits in another. Hot biscuits and gravy on a cold morning!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.