Big Mac 6/9 and 6/10

• gooshnt

Got to lake at about 5 PM. Calm as could be. Went west and tried in middle of lake (in front of vans) for suspenders. Didn’t do anything and marked very few fish so went to snow fence area and lindy rigged and threw jigs toward shore–Notta. Was waiting for wipers to start as sun went down but never really got going. I did catch a couple right at dark.
    Went out early next AM and hit the southeast points. ALewives galore. Caught some nice white bass and a couple wipers 6-7lbrs. Sun rose and bite died so went to north side by snow fence and trolled. Immediatly caught a 4lb walleye 17 ft down in 25 ft. of water but couldn’t get anything else going. Saw very few fish boated. Ran back west and tried suspenders-only one other boat out there and they caught a 7-8?? lbr as I pulled up. Same as day before-no fish. After that-hit a couple other spots trolling cranks but did nothing so headed home. Creel census guy checked me as I came out. He said only saw 6 or 7 wallys that day.
    Definitely fish early AM and late PM-find the alewives and you will catch wipers/whites and maybe a walleye. Talked to guys that trolled dam for 6 hrs sat nite and caught 3 wallys-two 8lbs, 1-5lb.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Fish’n should really not be that tough out there right now I think that the low water is taking it’s toll Thanks for the report gooshnt and good luck

sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

They still haven’t started dropping much water.He is right in the Saturday bite though it was pretty tough.The wind was dead calm and even my normal hot spots were only luke warm .We took a couple good eyes on a couple drops trolling shad raps about 2/3 the size of the alewives.Also got some great wiper bites on them.Sunday was a good wiper bite early.My son hammered about 7 of the 6-10# ones on top water and my daughter got a couple.I think I got about 5 myself but it’s hard to take the fishing real serious yourself when you have a 9yo and 11 yo throwing topwaters.Friday wiper bite was nothing short of awesome.We had over 20 fish over 5# all on bucktails.Some of the reports I’m hearing is the fishing is about where it should be in 3 weeks.The cats are already spawning on the dam.They are catching them on cranks and spinnerbaits.But the walleye are a little slow.I’ll just keep on the wipers till something changes.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

The cats are usually on the dam around the 4th of July, so the lake is ahead of itself. If I can find a ride for this weekend, since I am rideless right now, I will be out that way for some wiper and catfish action.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.