Combination License Information

• tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

Last year was the first time pheasant hunting, but I hope to do it more this year in Minnesota. I am looking at buying my wife’s and mine annual licenses. In the past we just purchased the combination angling. If she doesn’t hunt but I do am I right that we could get the Resident Combination Licences. The description states “Valid for angling and small game for the primary licensee
    (Me). Also valid for married couple angling.” I understand that I would need to buy a pheasant stamp as well.

Any help and guidance would be appreciate.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I get the resident combination sportsman license every year. That is small game hunting for me and fishing for both of us(wife and I).

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Yup, its what I get for myself and the MRS each year, along with a trout stamp for me. You’ll get a fishing and small game license, an she’ll get a fishing license only. Only saves a couple bucks but its one less thing to lose.

I wish you could make your own “combo” license for each year. Kinda like ordering fast food….. “I’ll take a combo spouse fishing, 2 trout stamps, and a small game, archery deer and gun deer for me.” Thanks, that’ll be $128 at the first window cool

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

I always get the Resident Combination Sportsman (Small Game Hunting & Fishing for me, Fishing for her) and add the Pheasant Stamp. Last year I got her to go out pheasant hunting with me a couple times, so had to buy her an individual small game hunting license and pheasant stamp in the fall.

I wish they made one that included Small Game Hunting & Fishing for both.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Yes, this!! It’s ridiculous that I can buy the combo for us but the FW has to go in to add on the small game and pheasant stamp!

Also, don’t forget your WIA validation if you have any inkling of hunting WIAs, and your HIP certification if you have a shot at any migratory birds (i.e. woodcock, etc).

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

Yes, this!! It’s ridiculous that I can buy the combo for us but the FW has to go in to add on the small game and pheasant stamp!

For all the push of trying to get “Woman Outdoors,” “make the outdoors accessible to everyone,” I feel like the MN DNR is still stuck in the 1950s by not offering that license combo yet.

Looks like here are my options for wanting fishing and pheasant hunting for my wife and I:
    Sports Individual ($41) x 2 + 2 Pheasant Stamps ($7.50 each) = $97
    Sports Combination ($57) + Individual Small Game ($22) + 2 Pheasant Stamps ($7.50 each) = $94

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mnrabbit wrote:</div>

Also, don’t forget your WIA validation if you have any inkling of hunting WIAs, and your HIP certification if you have a shot at any migratory birds (i.e. woodcock, etc).

Don’t get me started, the licensing and regulations in this state are crazy and a significant factor for the decline in participation imo.

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

Thanks for all the help.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

As I predicted in 2001, a fishing license will cost $400. and come with a palm pilot telling us what we can and can’t fish for on a lake.

OK I was wrong on the palm pilot and wrong on the price but having a way to check the rules for each body of water we plan to fish…I was spot on.

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

One more complaint. Printed the license myself. They are square and needed to folded. Don’t fit conveniently in a wallet. Wisconsin’s printable one are the size of a credit card.

I know it’s minor but again thanks for all the help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.