Full moon trolling

• Big Mike
    Allison, Iowa

Thanks to family commitments, (kids in sports…its just starting) I can’t make it to Mille Lacs for the Nov full moon. Instead thought about putting in on Clear Lake (45 minutes from home) and trying some of the same tactics there. Maybe troll the rushes and north shore for awhile, then hit fisherman’s for awhile, then end up over by Billy’s and the island. Any thoughts as to if I’m wasting my time? Is the water too stained for a good night bite? Thanks, Mike

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Mike,
    if the water is very dirty, I’d have to think that that would effect the number of bites you get. if it is just slightly stained, a couple feet of vis, you’d probably still be okay. I don’t know this lake at all.
    if you have read the Mille Lacs posts, use the same technigues, and give it a shot. Husky Jerks, and Rogue’s, and Super Rogue’s have been the lures of choice for most members up there. they have built in rattles that help the fish find the lure better.
    good luck.
    Jack..

Big Mike
    Allison, Iowa

Forgot to mention, its Clear Lake, Iowa

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I gotta believe that there’s a night bite on Clear Lake, but I’ve never had the chance to do it enough to know. Post something if you try it so we’ll know.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I have caught nite walleyes in years past casting cranks most often stick baits.But the best bite I used to get was fishing a slip sinker and large fathead.The island was good as well as the mouth of the two harbors.If I get my deer i might have to try it before ice up just to many things to do in fall

ivanbrehmer
    Johnston, Iowa

Big Mike or anyone else,

Did you try the full moon night trolling? Any luck or report for us?

Big Mike
    Allison, Iowa

Never made it up last weekend, due to that thing called work! The bite’s been good though on our local rivers so I probably won’t be up there again until spring.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.