Just lookin for a fishing report

• eyeweign
    Ellsworth Ia.

Anyone been to Clear Lake, and have a reoprt to share?
    Thanks in advance!!
    Frank

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I haven’t heard anything good about Clear Lake since the yellow bass spawn ended. It’s tough to fish during the summer with all the jetskies and power boats. Fish are still there, but it’s too much hassel for me to try. You best be pulling cranks out in the deep water if you’re looking for eyes. Yellows tend to hold in tight little pods this time of year so bring your markers and move around till you find some. Good luck.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I have tried a couple times to have a good enough trip for a feild report but the weather ussually beats me up.There have still been some eyes being caught in the deeper water in town bay and off big reef jointed shad raps have been the best with fire tiger and blue being good joices.My last outing on 7/2 I got two 14in eyes off rushes in 5ft on shallow shad raps also boated a 8# musky for excitement. I hope by end of month I can start getting some time on water again

honda75
    Iowa

Clear lake is a great place to fish but i agree with everyone else that says in the summer it is about useless to fish it because of the pleasure boaters who think they own the lake.

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

I wouldn’t say its useless. I just get up early fish from 5-10 and leave before the pleasure boats get to thick. The real problem is the boat ramp congestion!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.