Clear lake ia may 20/21

• JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

The walleye bite has really picked up with the warmer temps.We just completed the annual walleye classic and there were lots of 14 to 19 in fish with a few bonus fish include.There were two distinct patterns one was trolling cranks in 12 to 14 ft 2 to 3 ft off bottom with changing colors to find what they wanted.The other pattern that worked for me during classic was trolling the sand area,s on west end of lake using #5 jointed shads in firetiger and # 5 standerd shad raps in firetiger speed was a major player has speed had to be between 2.3 and 2.6 or you just did not get bit.There lots of yellows and silvers showing up and they were nice fish during practice I was really getting some nice yellows drifting small spinners and crawlers in lots of locations with a bonus eye showing up occasionally.Fishing has been good and should improve in he next few weeks

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Good Report. What kind of weight did it take to win that tournament? I bet one kicker fish could make a big difference. I’m headed up there this weekend to try the yellows. Bet I won’t be alone.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

Your right on about the kicker it took 22# to win we took 6th with 19.97 with one kicker lots of 14 to 17 in fish

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.