Clear Lake & Trout Pond in Mason City

• barbisfishn
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

The Ice is still holding from Friday 1/27/06 to 1/29/06 Morning. I still show a good 8″ of Ice in the depths of 12fow to 14fow. Most of the water was building up by the shoreline.

The bite is sparictic at the moment. The Aqua view base camera show’s Walleyes in good numbers moving thru the areas. The Yellow Bass are hitting in the early morning, I’m suggesting deeper water fishing. The fishermen I spoke with in shollow waters we’re not reporting very many fish.

We fished N.W. of the Island, look for the Fish House that’s left on the ice and go westward: Look for the peanut shells.

I’ll be bak just after getting caught up on work.

Total Fish Count for 2 1/2 days: 19 Yellows Bass
    1 White Crappie, not a typo 10+ inches
    Numerous little walleye, saw the big ones but they would go for the bait, but they enjoyed chatting with the aquaview..

Mason’s City Trout pond seems to be popular at the moment. I saw fishing being caught…..

barbisfishn
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

As on Wenesday the Ice was still holding at the Island, However the soft water is approaching for east & west.

The Blue Pit I think they call it in Mason City: Is Not Safe entering from the North Side. If you find my rod and rod holder please save them for me
    Please note that the water is real cold, but good news I didn’t loose the 5 trout.

That leaves Minnesota north of the twin cities for Hard Water Fishing.

Barb

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.