husky jerks on clear lake

• fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Anybody ever try pulling husky jerks around on clear lake? Any success? It works well on lakes up in minnesota, mainly in the evening or at night. Since the best ice fishing for walleyes on clear lake is usually before and after dusk I wonder if trolling husky jerks or rogues would work or not this time of year in the evenings. Maybe off some weedlines or rock bars out there? Any thoughts on this.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

If it is a clear lake i would give it a try. Where do the walleye fisherman start at first ice. If its on a point or weed line give those areas a shot. Only time on the water will show you if they are there.

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

If we are talking about Clear Lake, IA At times I will pull a clown huskey jerk when all else fails. I have caught a few nice eyes pulling them but I have also not caught a thing. Its worth a try.

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

They are a great choice anywhere this time of year.The fish have the feed bag on this time of year and are looking for a big meal.I would try to match the crank color with what they are feeding on in the lake to start and go from there.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

Our last two outings have not produced any walleyes and we have tried all your basic stick baits the lake is just so full of feed this year that its tuff the good side is that the fish have grown and are healthy and when the food chain balances again Its been a couple of years since I have done this but I used to get a good nite bite on the eyes around rocks and harbourage and Vination village this time of fishing large fat heads on floaters

Kolby

Try throwing Husky Jerks along the rushes on the Northwest corner of the lake, around the narrows coming out of Ventura, and anywhere you have bright lights hitting the water at night. Although I would start with areas of good light first for that lake. I’ve been there a couple times in the last two weeks, started off with cranks, went down to stickbaits, then went down to split shot and fathead. That got a bunch of those little 8 inch guys and a few 14 inch range fish. Clouds of bait everywhere in there. Just hoping most of them are spottails. Haven’t stayed for the evening/night bite.

Kolby

Big Mike
    Allison, Iowa

I always wondered the same thing…will walleyes slam a crank at night in the LATE fall on Clear Lake? I’m thinking about trying it this weekend maybe Sat night if its not raining. I guarantee there will be literally zero boat traffic to worry about. If I don’t make it up, I might give it a go towards the tail end of next week. I would think that as many nice fish are in the lake that this night bite should exist also.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.