Yellow Bass

• fishiowa
    NW, IA

Fished Clear Lake Sat and Sun morning. Fished strickly for yellows and did fairly well. Two of us picked up sixty on Sat and another 20 on Sun morning. Nice size, had a blast fishing with micro-light poles.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I’ve never fished yellows in the fall. Are they out in the deep or can you catch them up shallow? I’d stumble upon a pod during the summer and could catch them with minnows under slip bobbers. Is it basically a game of go deep and find them, throw out a marker and catch them until they quit biting? Might have to run up there before the walleye bite starts.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Tell us more What bait was you using, deep or shollow water, drifting, etc. My family is heading up this weekend and would love to catch some yellows

fishiowa
    NW, IA

We caught most of them in 12ft of water north of the island anchored. We fished with a small white twister and 1/2 a minnow about an inch or two of the bottom. Early Sun morning they wanted live minnows under a bobber, then about 10:00 they hit better on the bottom with a 1/2 minnow. I think I will be heading back on Sat for the day. I will be in a off white and gray alumacraft trophy 190 with a evinrude 120 and a yamaha 9.9 swing by and say hi.

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

Everett did you pick up any of those 6 inch walleye? I think they just stocked those little fellas sometime last week. I’ve been up several times and have caught the 12-13 inchers but that was the first time I’ve caught any that small. I was their Sun. as well. The bite was a heck of alot better last Sun. I worked real hard for the dozen I took home.

baldwin4
    NE IA

We will be in a dark blue Alumacraft Dominator w/ 60hp Evinrude. Will probably see you there. Thanx for the info. We caught a slug of yellows there this spring and they are fun to catch and eat

fishiowa
    NW, IA

Only caught one it was about 4 inches. We caught most of our yellows on Sat, we only caught around 20 on Sun.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.