Christmas Eve boating

• Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Today I got a chance to spend a little time in the boat chasing walleye on the river. It’s not too often I get that chance this time of year without going to pool 4 so even with limited time off I went.

My oldest son was not having much luck on the ice so he decided to join me too.

My younger son had a basketball game in Wabasha last night so I decided to peak in on the ramp situation at Bass Camp and quickly realized the ramp was open.

It took a little while to find some fish willing to bite but a few pike were found pitching around wing dams. A few spots later and we found some walleye and sauger but time was running short.

We ended up keeping a 29″ pike and 3 walleye for a fish fry. All caught on jigs and plastic either paddle tails or pulse-R’s. The walleye were in 22-18′

Merry Christmas and safe travels to all of you traveling this holiday season.
    Dave

Attachments:
    1. image85.jpg

2. image84.jpg

3. image83.jpg

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Couple hours on the water fishing with family and enough decent fish caught to make for a good fish fry.
    Sounds like a great way to spend the day before christmas.

Merry Christmas!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It’s way too nice for this time of year to NOT hit the river!

You gave me the itch for today…now I just need to find a boat to float me.

Off to the river! wave

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Good luck and Merry Christmas BK. I would come up and welcome you in my boat if I could.

Happy holidays
    Dave

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Back atcha Dave!

I didn’t make it out in a boat, but I had a nice meal for one of saugers due to a cabin that forgot to leave a one inch patch of skin on.

Worked for me!

Attachments:
    1. Fried-sauger-and-spam.jpg

joc
    Western and Central, NY

I just had my last open water outing on the day after Christmas. Had 3 on but boated none, darn it. We get some big pike in November – December. Fogged it, Covered it and put it up on blocks. Still got a few pike and a package of perch in the freeze so enough for a few fries until things ice up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.