So. Center, Last Sat. & Sun.

• warriorrivy
    Hastings MN

Well, I tried to get out the weekend before, called my buddy and told him that I would be there in 15 min. to pick him up. Well he got another phone call 15 min. later and I told him to bring his tow rope! I got 2 blocks from his house and my truck decided that she didn’t want to go any further! Long story short, I spent the rest of the weekend playing truck mechanic!
    Got out last Sat. and made it to the lake around noon. After following Mike’s directions and punching a number of holes, we found fish. We were in 48′ of water. That was the only depth that we found them at. There was reasonably steady action throughout the day. Never found the “clouds” of fish that some earlier posts indicated, just a couple at a time and they were all within 5′ of the bottom. Brought 12 home for the 2 of us, 10 keepers and 2 that just didn’t recover from being brought up from that depth. Minnows seemed to be the favorite that day, although we did catch a few on colored larvae. Brought out my 7 year old daughter on Sun. and she proceded to kick my butt! There were not as many fish marked, and the ones that were, didn’t seem to want to bite. She caught the first fish, and missed a couple more, but she had all of the bites. (I let her use minnows, while I tried the colored larvea. Thats my story and I am sticking to it!!!) Around sundown, her bobber was starting to move again and I told her to get ready, and wham, she set the hook and her rod was bent in half! Boy, was she excited!(or was that dad!) After I calmed her down, (ya, right!), she proceded to pull in a nice 19″ walleye! First “eye” in my new house! Figures! Anyway, she had a lot more fun than the last time she was out, and is ready to go again. Thanks, Mike for the help. I will be out there again on Sat. if my truck doesnt break down!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Glad to hear that you were finally able to make it out on the water. A bonus walleye is always welcome too. Did you get the walleye out in 48′ also?

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Way to go! I love to hear about someone using the fishing info on the board and doing well. Good to hear things went fairly good for you. Rarly do I catch a small eye out there. The are usually a bonus fish, and a nice bonus at that. With all the snow, I would expect to see a few more fish just 5-10′ below the ice. I may even try to fish some of the shallow water again on Friday.

warriorrivy
    Hastings MN

Sat. was bright and sunny, while Sun was cloudy and a little windy. I couldn’t leave Hastings until after my daughter’s hockey game, and I knew that I wouldn’t have enough time to punch a lot of holes and find fish, so I took an educated guess and moved 5-6 ft. shallower. That’s where the “eye” came from. Thank’s again fella’s.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.