So. Center, are they still biting?

• warriorrivy
    Hastings MN

Planning on heading to So. Center this weekend. I am taking my 7 year old daughter. All she wants, is to see that bobber disappear. Last time I took her out, she stared at that bobber for 4 hours without a bite, and she is still asking to go again. Looking at the previous posts, it looks like they were biting 2 weeks ago. Are they still? What depth’s do you recommend? It would be a bonus if we were able to get some keepers. Figured we would target Crappies & Sunnies and put out a couple of tip-ups for that bonus “eye”. Always good! Any color better than the rest? Plan on being out there Sat. and Sun., starting at noonish. Which part of the lake should I start at? Any help will be greatly appreaceated. Thanks.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I haven’t been out, maybe some of the other guys I’ve had out there can speek up if they have. From my experience, if you find the fish, they will bite. If you’ve read the fishing report, its all there. Same stuff, just a different day. I may be out there sat morn, so if you see a purple otter and a green sportsman, or my maroon truck with my name on it, come on over and say hi.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

My friend was out there on Thursday and he said the bite was pretty good. Him and his buddy caught 8 crappies between 12 and 4. These guys don’t fish hard so this is actually pretty good for them. They fished the north end of the lake in 40 feet of water. I suppose all of the old holes are covered in snow by now. If you go to the DNR website and get their map, the spot is on the North end of the big hole on the North end of the lake. The bobber rig set 15-20 feet down with a white hook worked best. Drill a lot of holes and look for fish. Most holes I drilled had nothing under them, so make sure you keep looking around until you find them.

The guys in Frankie’s bait store are very nice and they will help you out too.

warriorrivy
    Hastings MN

Thanks, Mike and Big, Looks like I will start out on the No. end and I will also check with Frankies before I head out. Mike, I will look for you on Sat. I also have an Otter but it’s green, like my F250 w/topper that will be hauling it. (If you can see through all the road salt!) If you are out there and see smoke by a green Otter & rig, it’s just the grill cooking burgers. Stop by and have one. I always have extras.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Boy ,your not kidding when you say you’ll have plenty!!! LOL BIG guy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.