west rush report

• cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

i responded to a post earlier on general areas for rush.. i just wanted to amend that a little bit.

i found some free time on sat evening to hit rush with my uncle and dad. i had a fun nite, we iced 10 keepers(our self imposed slot of 10″ plus) in the 2 hours i actually spent fishing. the rest of the time i spent running a ‘ice fishing with a flasher 101’ course.

after making swiss cheese out of the ice, we set up in about 25-30′ of water, along the slope into that big 40′ hole where the large shack village is. i always try to stay away from the masses and we found a good spot i thought. i marked fish along that entire slope, but that 25-30 was the magic number sat nite.

i’d say our best catch rate was from 5-630. after that, they just couldnt be coaxed into biting. we tried everything i could think of: waxies, plastics, minnows, half a minnow, jigging, deadsticking… i caught a couple dinks, but the big boys shut off.

oh, and it was the first time ive had 2 lx-5s and fl-18 in the clam at the same time. and i didnt think it was possible but we were able to use the IR features on all 3 to efficiently reduce feedback and fish all 3 holes with a flasher.

to me, the nite was a success and the crappie bite is most definitely on in rush lake. but please save a couple for me!

molitor

nice report, I fished the lake 4/5 days the past week with some friends during our college break. but your right they seem to be hanging in the 25-30 FOW. It seems if ya have spikes that the crappie bite never dies off.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Anyone been out lately? How is the bite going up that way?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.