Martin Lake

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Does anyone ever fish Martin Lake off of 22/Viking Blvd. I stopped there this summer for a couple hours and caught some nice bluegills and a few walleyes. I am thinking of trying it within the next week. Any areas of the lake better than others for fishing?

I figured this was the best place for this post because I always pass Martin on my way to Chisago.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I have driven by, but never wet a line. I’m always up for a challenge. Probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to give it a shot, and if nothing goes, there’s always Linwood close by.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I have tryed martin a few times. Used to get some crappies off the big point on the west side. The lake also had a good supply of small walleyes also. Easy to catch them but have never caught one over 8″.
    There are 2 groups of houses that pop up that can be seen from the landing. One on the west shore line in front of the park and the other is on the east shore line straight across from that. I have always had better luck moving away from these groups. Down the shore line a bit.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Thanks for the info. I am hoping to get out this weekend or early this week to give it a try. This summer I caught a couple decent walleyes, so I figured that I would give it a try this winter.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.