Ice update

• MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I decided to take a little drive today. It will still be a while for most lakes in the area. Chisago, S Center, and Lindstrom were almost 100% open. North Center was about 80% froze but the ice looked wet. The channel on Chisago was mostly iced, but there was still some open water. The west end of Green past the point was froze, but the main lake was wide open. Coon was froze over entirely and there were even a couple guys fishing in the channel. Linwood was froze as well, but not yet fishable. Gotta feed the need soon!!!!!!!!!!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Watch out in the channel on Coon Lake. A friend of mine went through the ice on Wednesday. He said he was following someones footsteps and the ice just gave way with no warning. Luckily he was still fairly shallow, but still no fun.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

There were 5 guys out there this morning. I watched them catch 3 small pike from the warmth of my truck. One of the guys said the ice is 3-5″. I did notice a couple seems in the ice.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Cory,

How much ice are they out on?

scottsteil
    Central MN

Hey Cory, nice picture..you sure are a good looking guy!LOL

Is that one of those Rush Lake eelpout you are holding? How is the walleye fishing? You must have snuck out a few times.

rushcityranger
    Rush City Mn

Hey Scott!!!!

Your right! I am darn good looking!!!!!! LOL!

I have been out pert near every day. And the walleye bite has been pretty good! No pigs yet.. But! Soon! Hows the bite on Horseshoe? We need to do a Mille lacs run soon!!

Cory Frantzick
    http://www.AtHomeOnTheLake.com

scottsteil
    Central MN

Cory, if you are looking for a Pig, check out my latest Mille Lacs report. Tis the season…for a pig that is.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

RCR, IF YOUR INTERESTED i’M GOING TO MAKE A JOURNEY TO THE FROZEN POND ON MONDAY-TUES. WITH WARRIOR RIV. PM IF YOU WANT TO MEET UP.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.