First Ice!!!!!!!!!!!

• rushcityranger
    Rush City Mn

Ok…..Maybe not yet! But soon!!!!

Got out on Rush Lake on Sunday with my neighbor. I was really surprised that we were not able to find walleyes in our normal first ice hot spots! When we did finally find them, we found them to be off structure by quite a bit, and much deeper than we would have thought. Even after dark! We did not hook into any big pigs but we did get a chunky 24″er. It looks like this will be the last weekend to get the boat wet on my home lake, before ice fishing gets under way!

If anyone is looking for updates or info on the northern Chisago county area, or more specificaly East and West Rush Lake, Please let me know!

Cory Frantzick
    http://www.AtHomeOnTheLake.com

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Keep the info coming!!! There are some really nice lakes in that area. Thanks, Bill

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I know when I dropped my deer head off at Ray’s the lake was froze over. Too bad it didn’t stay. Were you on east or west? I’ve managed a few eyes on east in the past and good crappies on west.

rushcityranger
    Rush City Mn

Hey Mike!

I live on the west side of West Rush. I personally have not fished East as much in the last few weeks. But, Have done phenominal in the past. Lately it has been off of the real steep breaks on West that we have done the best. But, like I said, it was surprising how far from the breaks we have been finding fish, sometimes 50-100 yards from the break is where we have been finding them.

That deer ya dropped off, that wouldnt be for a Ray on East Rush would it?

Cory Frantzick

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

That be the one. He does good work.

I wish I had more time to fish Rush. I hit it open water 2 springs ago and crushed big largemouth on the east side with tubes on inside weed edges. One of the best days I’ve ever had. Keep us updated on the ice.

rushcityranger
    Rush City Mn

Hey Mike!~

I got bit by that darn bass bug this summer, and started a Wednesday evening league on Rush! You should fish it a few times next year! It really is a lot of fun! Your right about the pigs in there! One of our tournaments I weighed 5 fish for 22.11 lbs, and took second by almost a pound! That is some quality fish!

Cory Frantzick
    http://www.AtHomeOnTheLake.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.