Sunrise or Sunfish lake

• gary_wellman
    South Metro

Does anyone still fish this lake? This is the one with private access and is restricted with motor size. It use to be good for ice fishing for pike.

What is the current condition of the lake???

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Sunrise was a pretty good lake 10 years ago. It had some heavy fishing pressure back than. I know a few that used to fish it alot, and used have some very good luck there.

Alot of liitle ones left……

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Sunrise can put out some dandy pike yet, as long as you get away from the crowds. There still are some nice crappies there, but I’ve only gotten them open water. mainly small stuff on ice. Great lake for numbers, but you need to sort to get a meal.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

If anyone wants to fish it, stop at Frankies in Chisago. They have maps they can give you that have directions.

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

We have done pretty well in the past in the winter fihsing the flat just north of the access (The only one and you need to pay to use it). Fishing about 8 feet of water and we caught some nice sunfish and a couple bass.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I fished sunrise last winter. We stuck the aqua vu down and there were crappies and sunnies everywhere. We fished for about five hours and caught 50 crappies and sunnies. A boy who lives on the lake came over and was astonished when he saw the one 9 incher that we had on the ice. He ran right over to tell his dad about “the big one.” A whole day of sorting could probably produce a decent meal, but I guess I am used to big slab crappies. A guy was walking by us and he told us he caught three pike over 15 lbs. earlier in the day so they are out there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.