green lake and little green channel

• snova350s
    wyoming,mn

Just giving everyone a reminder if your not from the area there is an ice heave between the big green and little green lakes with very thin ice, yesterday evening we watched a guy drive his truck right in the drink because he didnt know it was there so keep an eye out and dont risk it there.
    stay safe!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Sometimes the ice condition reports are even more helpful than the fishing reports. Thanks to you for keeping everyone updated.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Thanks for the up-date. Remember no ice, is safe ice

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Was on Green lake last night too. Did not head over that way, but thanks for the heads up.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Was on Green lake last night too. Did not head over that way, but thanks for the heads up.

How was the fishing Jake?

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

We set up in 21′ feet of water looking for some walleyes, but the crappies would not leave us alone. Before you could get the baits down they would rush ya. The bottom 10′ was filled with crapies til 8ish. Not alot of size but still a good time of catching fish. The drive home though was not so fun.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Jake

Thanks for the report. Its wild how wound up crappies can get one day and then the next… they’re as tight lipped as any species can get.

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

i was out there last nite too. im glad i didnt find that heave. i feel for the guy who did tho…

we found a lot of dink crappies around 23 fow. we had the best luck on silver jigging spoons with a minnow head (i was using the smallest glow slender spoon). they hit it as soon as we lowered the bait down. waxies performed ok, but those minnow heads definately were the ticket.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

A buddy and I were out there too. Lots of small crappies and sunnies with a few keepers in 25-30 fow. We also tried in 10 fow around dark with no walleyes being caught, but did find one decent crappie. Kinda cold out there yesterday.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.