Wheres the good Sunny/Crappie bite?

• JonnyMayz
    Hastings,MN

Was on South Center Sunday in the back bay by the RV park. Managed a lot of Crappies but all real small. Where can I get some good sized pannies. South end Chisago? I’ve done well a few times on 9-10″ crappies on Green but everytime I stop in Frankies they shy me away from there. Heading up tomorrow morning any info much appreciated.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

You might want to try Peltier. Mike W got into some out there. They will probably run bigger than Chisago, although the South end of Chisago will put out large numbers but a lot of sorting.

cshunt1
    Eagan, MN

i had good luck on west rush last winter. i was right out from the public access just north of the point on wilson’s island, theres a nice dropoff to about 30ft. i tried to stay away from the small village of permanent shacks as well.

friday, i was out on peltiers [censored] cousin, centerville lake, and it was a total bust! we managed to find some bottle bass so all wasnt lost..

i talked to the nice guy at the marathon station and he said some dummy tried to drive his pickup on the ice 2 weeks ago!!! sure enough, there was a bunch of broken ice at the landing big enough to drive a truck through…

eye_hunter

i agree with chris, if your looking for bigger sunnies peltlier would be the place to go. but there is alot of looking to do. we managed two or three bulls when we went out. there are more but it takes some looking for them… they are really finicky…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.