Chisago

• broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

heading out there this weekend for the wifes first ice experience. Any tips on what people are using?

Broncs

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

heading out there this weekend for the wifes first ice experience. Any tips on what people are using?

Broncs

Afishing pole and a hook!

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

Quote:

Broncs

Afishing pole and a hook!

Chappy, My friend……………he is going to need an auger too

cav90
    Chisago City, MN

I was out last weekend and the fishing was pretty slow. Had a lot of sniffers and only a few takers. All of the fish were caught on eye droppers or mimic minnows tipped with a crappie minnow. Managed about a dozen crappies in about 6 hours and all can while deadsticking.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

That is a good pan fish lake as is the others in the area. try 2# test and small ice jigs tipped with either euro larve or small minnows. maybe even just the heads. Tif will love cutting heads off minnows. My favorite is euro larve. Most trips a can of them is all I take for both crappies and sunnies.
    Most of my time up that way has been on south center. On that lake you need to search around deeper water until you see suspended fish. Then drill holes and fish them geting those jigs over the top of the fish. I wouldnt spend much time wetting a line unless you see fish below. I think Chisago has larger weed flats that hold both crappies and sunnies. Might just want to try to get on a edge there.

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Jeff- Call My cell. I will tell you and Tiff where to go. I would show you but Garret turns 6 on Saturday and we have hockey Sunday. Tell the guys about your new room

John

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.