Chisago

• MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I had the chance to jump in a buddies boat with him and his family on Chisago. We caught quite a few sunfish on bobbers and waxies. Most were small, but there was enough bigger ones to make a meal. It was a lot of action for the kids. We also managed a few bass on spinnerbaits and lipless crankbaits. The average size of the bass was 2-3lbs. Not a bad couple hours.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks Mike. Been waiting for a report on these lakes. Anybody else been out? Great fun lakes in this area. Thanks, Bill

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

I’m headed up there tomorrow with the wife and daughter. I’ve never been on Chisago. Any best bets. I have a map.
    Have to talk to Frankie about this boat motor I bought from him and figured I might as well see how the fishing is.
    Thanks for the update.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

The easiest place to catch fish is either north bay in s lindstom. The one with the fishing pier usually has lots of fish. That’s where we were.

thumperw
    White Bear Lake, MN

Chappy,
    A lot of times you can put pike & ‘eyes in the boat by trolling the channel between Chisago & S. Lindstrom. An F18 Rap on 50+ feet of line is a good start.

Good luck on the fishing and the motor!
    – Rick

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Thanks for the tips.
    I’ll have to try them next time.
    Turns out my motor had more issues and Frankies had to keep it.
    Crank Case gasket is leaking.
    Thank goodness it’s under warrantee.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Chappy, when you pick it up and maybe wet a line don’t forget to give us a fishing report. Thanks, Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.