Moose Lake in northern Wis.

• philput
    Knoxville, IL.

Just wondered if any of you have recently or have ever fished Moose. This will be my 3rd year, always go last full week in Sept. Look’n forward to gettn up there again. We stay at Louies Landing. great mixed bag lake musky, walleye, crappies, & few smallies. let me know!!!
    Phil

jhalfen

VERY low water on all the Hayward area lakes this year. A whole bunch of stumps on Moose will be put into play this year.

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Bret and I get up there once a year for small gathering with coworkers and retirees from our company and stay at Mystic Moose usually in mid October. I love that lake and we have had some great weekends of musky fishing up there although last year we weren’t able to go. By that time the live sucker bite is pretty good. There’s a lot of pitching going on as well by who ever isn’t rowing at the time. We also like to visit Louie’s landing on Saturday night for their prime rib – very good.

philput
    Knoxville, IL.

How low is the water!! One things for sure theres plenty of stumps on Moose.
    Phil

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Moose Lake rocks, if you can not catch a Musky on Moose Lake there is something drastically wrong.
    Louies Landing makes one of the best Prime Ribs in the State. I normally get the queen cut but have been known to eat a few of the King cuts.

We always stay at Mystic Moose Resort. They have awesome cabins (really they are a small home) and at a great price. Jim and Barb are always making sure everything is to your liking during the stay. Jim also guides the lake and is always helpful and willing to share information while staying there.

I’ll be there in October oaring suckers around and tossing big baits with buddy Mike

Best of luck to you come September

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Mike and I were replying at the same time

With the rivers running through Moose Lake you will still find good waters to fish, not to worry

Mike and I have actually stuck some of are nicer fish in the rivers

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

I have fished Moose many times, and agree it is a nice lake, as I have had a number of good days there over the last number of years. I believe it now has a higher slot limit for muskie which is helping increase the size you see there from what I have heard.

I am more partial to the Louie burgers, but than I usually hit the landing at lunch time when I take a break

Pal

Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

Was up their in June and caught 2 and lost 1 – muskie. Was their last July also. I would throw medium bucktails-Vibrax/Showgirls ect. and topwater. Best luck on black/brown and orange/gold blades.
    Let us know how you do, I will be their again in August!
    Dream’n

philput
    Knoxville, IL.

Well i’m sure glad i made this post! has me dream’n of fish’n at Moose instead of working. lol! I have to admit my muskey fishing is 1st couple hours of the day and the last couple in the evening & the rest of the time thrown cranks & jigs for walleyes & smallies. Walleyes tend to run smaller than i’m used to but the Smallies & crappies run bigger and fight like wild. I’d like to pull out a day or two this year and try fish’n for walleyes over on the Chip. for part of the day. And your all right about Louie’s food Prime rib & burgers are both awesome!!! Bloody marys ain’t bad either.
    Later, Phil

mskyfshntchr
    Dodge Center, MN

Purple hair and silver blade has put fish in the boat for me on moose.

kentuckyboy
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve also had luck on Bucktails w/ black hair and a green colorado blade.

philput
    Knoxville, IL.

I’ve only caught 2 Musky on moose and both came off hog wobblers 1 on black & 1 on orange! I’d like spend more time in the river this Sept. Thanx for all your help guys!!!
    Phil

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.