Chippewa River.

• leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Had a chance to get get out for a while today and do a little shore fishing with Scott Shedivy from Pdc Wisconsin. The fishing was great but the catching didn’t follow suit. I saw a few fish jump and that’s as close as I got to one today. We tried several spots on the Chippewa that had easier access for foot travel and that have paid off in the past but nothing doing today.Oh well Scotts wife had Basketball camp at Stout and heck it was good meeting Scott and getting out for a hike. It was a little chilly out today but very fishable. We did manage to see some Turkeys and had a buck come busting up a hill and crossed just in front of the truck. They sure can make short work out of a large field. Here’s a photo of Scott (Shed10). Hey Scott how was the river road?? Steve

leinieman

Here’s a shot of one of the spots where we gave it a try. It’s a really nice area but the fish were not cooperating. Steve

leinieman

Here’s another pic of Scott navigating the Rip Rap. Steve

leinieman

Maybe if I try another color jig. Nope it didn’t matter.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

That sure looks like nice country Steve….did you get a chance to sample some of that Lennie beer you brag up so much about ?

SHED10
    PdC Wi.

The ride home was full of deer and turkey’s in the fields. My wife told me I should watch the fields a little less and the road a little more. We also seen some boats fishing at each dam on the Mississippi.

Thanks again Steve for taking me out fishing today. Even though we didn’t catch anything I had a good time and you were great company.

Scott

cloomis12
    Wiota

SHED10 did you get to try below the Wissota dam, I’ve had some luck there in the past.

bigpike

I secound that Wissota damn is an awesome #’s place, with the slot its easy to catch a meal here, plus lots of fAt spunky smallmouth AND muskie to boot- one of my favorite Chip river hotspots……….

cloomis12
    Wiota

I know this is for fishing but I think I’m going to head up there this weekend and see how the ducks are flying. See if I can’t catch a few off guard. I’ll keep you posted on how I do.

daruoho
    Wauzeka

Loomis your drunk!! does your mommy know your using her computer?

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I stopped at Loopy’s for lunch the other day. I see they rent canoes. Is that a good stretch of river? The girl said they take you up to the dam and can fish down to the bar. Is that the Wissota dam? On my lists of spots to hit next year.

cloomis12
    Wiota

It’s not the Wissota dam, its the one downstream of the Wissota dam, right in the city. Not bad fishing right below the dam, I’ve floated it a few times with minimal luck, its hard to find the good spots along the edges for smallies but when you find ’em they are pigs. My parents live downstream of Loopy’s and the rapids just downstream are pretty good. I didn’t get any ducks or geese this past weekend, all too far away, but saw a bunch. Its definately a beautiful float in the early morning and in the evening. I would definately recommend it.

leinieman

Hey SteveO, If you want to float sometime I have a 12 foot Jon boat that your welcome to borrow. Heck I go through Chippewa everyweek day for work and can drop you off somewhere and pick you up after work. You may also want to try a float on the Red Cedar River. I could drop off the flat botom to you early AM in Menomonie, and pick you up after work in Downsville. Or start in Downsville and I’ll pick you up in Dunnville. Endless possibilities. Oh yea the boat just leaks a little. I’ll throw a little silicone on it one day. Steve

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

leinieman,
    you’ve got a heart bigger than that pizza box you are holding in your avatar! Thanks for all the help on Menomin a couple of years ago (again). Howz about you and I fish the Chip and i show you around the ‘Croix next Spring.
    Bet I could talk the Kid into joining us. That would be a great trip!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

He’s right Leinie!………………it wasn’t long ago that SteveO learned that GI Joe Kung Fu grip and put it to the pup! Now when he suggests stuff, he just holds the hand up like a claw and I humbly submit………………but one of these days I’m going to ask him if he’s just entertaining himself or if he really thinks dragging me 100ft. behind the boat will catch him a trophy muskie!

All kidding aside, I’d be thrilled to team up with you guys!

leinieman

Well the flat bottom will hold two so I guess we would need the hundred feet of rope for the kid. Sounds good to me though I think I was only on the Croix once. I had some musky photo’s on the lake section from a friend of mine at work last year. He really catchs some monsters. The photo’s got lost when the forums got merged or something. He even had a photo of his sons first musky and it was huge. I know I have them and will repost them to get you guys going on Musky. I’m sure I can find out some spots that may produce
    some giants if you guys want to do that we can take my trophy 170 and go next year. He has some new photo’s of some of the fish he has caught and released this year that I’ll get to post. I think the largest was 53 inchs and about 40 pounds. If you guys ever want to take the flat bottom on a float its available. It’s nothing special, and it’s real light like maybe a couple of Coors cans but it will float down the river just fine. Steve

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.