City Shops ‘eyes

• fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Well Erik(bowhuntr) and my buddy and I went down tuesday night. Erik caught 10 eyes, me, I caught on fire. Here is Erik’s biggest. 15” I beilieve.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

You go down there again at all Erik?

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

yea went down there last night…caught 4 walleyes..two 14 in other two were small….lots of people!! Nobody really seemed to be catching really that many…pretty slow night…where have you been fishing Joe?

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

No I havent fished since that last tuesday. Too busy and all, cause its spring break

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Man, the river is high!! The dam gates are open and its way past the big log post. Its touching the flood rockks on the bank already.

mikemohr
    eau claire wi.

down in seymore the river is over the road it is dam high

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Its backing down now a little. Although I noticed 3, mabey 4 gates open on the dam.

mikemohr
    eau claire wi.

i don’t know about the eyes moving back in but the river is going down but there is going to be a rain storm in a couple days which might bring them back up

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Looks like I might have to wait til the lakes open! Do you know any area lakes with the possibility of catching spanning crappies? or any sort of panfish from shore around this time of year? atleast the lakes shouldn’t be all in all that flooded!

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Checked out the Chippewa River tonight and the road was flooded getting to it. Did a walk and jog down the railroad tressel and the water is high and fflowing fast. It looks to be about right and tomorrow I may take a jog,walk with one rod and some plastics and camera and check it out. They should be biting close to shore. Steve

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

What area of the river are you talking about? by the
    Hobbs center? city shops?

leinieman

Sorry bowhuntr24, I was talking about the area know as the Dunnville bottoms where the bike trail crosses the Chippewa. (Old railroad tressel) I walked down again last night to check it out again without rod as it was around 7:00 pm by the time I left home. The road was still under water but when I did reach the tressel on foot there was a 4 wheel drive pickup parked there. I talked to the fisheman that was drove down there and he said the road was firm under the water and he didn’t have any problems. He was trying for a catfish for supper but didn’t have anything to show for his efforts. He was using very large weights. I will take my pickup down there tonight and try some light jigs and plastics and crawlers and see what I can learn. Are you faimilar with this area?
    Steve

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

I am not familar with that area…but am always interested in learning about new spots. Went to where the ec dumps into the chip last night counted over 13 people fishing, I noticed about two eyes caught between all of them. Even though the fish weren’t biting the weather was nice to just sit on the shore and relax. Maybe it will pick up again? idk?

leinieman

Went back down to the tressel on Wed. evening with crawlers and plastics. Do not attempt to get there unless you are in a 4 wheel drive vehicle. Most of the road ws good but there was a couple of hundred yards of mud. I stayed about an hour casting one rod and dead sticking the other with a crawler without a bite. I check out another area upstream last night to see if I could get to the area and gave it a cast or actually 4 before I hung up and had to break off my twister tail. I didn’t really plan on fishing last night so all I carried was the one rod and no replacement tackle so I was done with my one breakoff. I plan on going back down this evening and try with some crawlers. I forgot to bring a minnow bucket to work with me so it will have to be crawlers tonight. I should be fishing by 6:00-6:30 and plan on staying to at least dark.
    Steve

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Start looking for Perch now. They are biting like crazy. Worms on bobbers at Little Niagara, or across from the city shops.

leinieman

Tried fishing this past Friday evening from 6:00 untill roughly 8:15 and all that would bite my crawlers were white suckers or carp. All fish were around 5 pounds and they were a blast to catch. Thanks for the perch tip. I’ll give bobbers a try and see what happens. Steve

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

People were gittin whitebass at the shops a few days ago. I got all the way up to the dam now, so that will be good fishing.

Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

Can I get directions to the shops and is it a place to take a 3& 5 yr old to fish my 3yr old wants to fish somewhere he can keep the fish, fished kenwood camp area on the yellow for crappies but couldn’t keep the eye,s off my minnows Ha!
    He gets really pissed when I make him throw them back no CPR in that boy. Thanks Ron

bigpike

Take Birch St. off 53 downtown, follow it to the river take a right before the river on Forest and the shops are on your left a couple blocks up, you can park in the area to the south in the parking lot and follow the trail north and it will lead to the river, its a little rocky but you should have no problem taking a boy there.

Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

Thanks Bigpike Been out of town for a while I,ll have to get him down there, is the boat launch in that same area I,ve got a jon boat that hasn,t seen the water in a while.

bigpike

For that you have to go down to Hobbs ice center, there is one behind that building, but it it is very tricky getting up river to this area if the river is flowing normally, I have had to get out and push a 12′ john over slippery rocks with heavy current. Not fun, something for summer temps. Then again I had my 16′ deep V up there in high water, knowing what I know now I would never attempt that one again!

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Everyone who has small boats, carries them to the shops, just walk them down. Or you can motor up from Hobbs, its not that bad.

Viewing 23 posts - 31 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.