Summer Fishing Picking UP!!

• krisko
    Durand, WI

Went out for a couple of hours the other day south of Durand. Wow can you say shallow. Ran into a bunch of smallies. Most 12-14″ a couple bigger and a few smaller. I wish the river would go up just a foot and I’d be happy.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I’m hittin’ the Chip agian this weekend. Only difference is location. I’m fishing where the w fork of the river dumps into the Chip Flowage. Moore’s Bay. Anybody have any luck up there?

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

I dont really fish the northern part, but your exactly right, up north it is deeper than around these parts.

krisko
    Durand, WI

I have to say I haven’t been up north much this year. I havn’t had the time and have spent a lot of time on the Mississippi. I know where you are going and there is usually some real good fishing there GOOD LUCK!

krisko
    Durand, WI

I’ve been out the past few nights having a great time on the river. If you don’t catch fish you still can’t beat the weather. I’ve found a couple of new places to fish now that the river levels are so low. One place I’ve been catching walleyes left and right…Some even on top water baits The biggest one so far was 26″…that one looked so nice. It had a huge belly on it. I let it go and watched it swim away…Only way to do it!!! I’ve caught a few nice eaters too. It is like panfishing though. You catch 5 12-14″er’s and then one nice one. I’ve caught a total of 22 walleyes the past couple of nighs and only 4 bass and 2 nice cats. I don’t know if it is the water level or what but it has been awesome. I’m hoping to keep this streak going until next weeks fishing contest. Well if you can get out and enjoy the weather and the fishing….it’s been great!!

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.