Chipped transducer from Ice Show

• Chris Cantey
    Eagan, MN

I bought a new Marcum VX-1i from Marine General at the ice show last weekend… I just noticed a fairly significant chip on the transducer. I’m guessing it came from Marcum this way – the box was sealed so I don’t think it’s M.G.’s fault.

I was given a fairly simple receipt – which I have since lost, and I live 2.5 hours from Duluth.

Q: Is this thing going to work properly?

I have a backup, and I will try to get the part replaced – but if ice comes before the replacement, that would be disappointing.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1117.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I would contact Marine General and tell them your story. A stand up company will do the proper thing.

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Chris that’s a real bummer and hard to say about function as well could be a big issue would start with a simple call to marine general and or marcum and explain. Good luck …..Kent

TripleA
    Blaine

call MG first, if they don’t resolve call Marcum BEFORE we even get ice and explain. Let us know how it turns out.

Kent Tau

Marcums customers service is pretty good i dont see why they wouldn’t replace it. That transducer should have never made it to the box to begin with. Good luck

mazak500
    South West Michigan

When I bought my LX7 new from cabelas my transducer was the same way. I contacted Marcum and they sent me a new transducer and I sent the other one back to them. no questions asked

Trevor Ellingson
    Long Lake, MN

Marcum customer service is top notch. I’d still call Marine General first and see if they’re willing to make it right. If that is a dead end call Marcum. My first flasher was a VX1 from Gander. It was the display model and last one they had, and they gave me the wrong charger. Marcum had a new one to me in a day or so.

Chris Cantey
    Eagan, MN

Thanks all!

And you all were correct, Marcum customer service IS top notch. They responded to my claim immediately…. They are sending me the new ducer today.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.