Chevy Silverado vs. EF2 Tornado

• Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

Back in Germany we’d sometimes have to go recover vehicles who’s operators decided to drive through something that could have been easily avoided. It just never made any sense to me.

If you see a tornado in your path hopefully you’re smart enough to change direction. lol

https://www.accuweather.com/en/videos/gAj4FkDd

Luckily the driver was able to drive away.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Didn’t even spill his beer

Coletrain27

Imagine trying to explain that to your insurance company

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Tornado hit my truck. I had that talk after the grantsburg high wind strom 4 years ago

CaptainMusky

There was a gal on twitter that showed pictures of her legs and said a tornado dragged her through a WalMart Parking lot. Then a video surfaced of said tornado. There were people driving right toward it like WTF!

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

Tornado hit my truck. I had that talk after the grantsburg high wind strom 4 years ago

but we’re you driving down the road and it flipped you around and then set you back perfect and just drove away? jester

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

but we’re you driving down the road and it flipped you around and then set you back perfect and just drove away? jester
    [/quote]

Not exactly. I was driving down the road and I felt the wind getting wild, my empty snowmobile trailer started to not be on the ground. Watched the trailer get ripped off my truck and a safety chain held it long enough for it to swing in and destroy my box. Then the trailer went on about a 300 yard cart wheel. Truck was pushed down the embankment and after it settled down I drove home with no trailer, not much of a box, no back windows and a completely smashed windshield. Was a experience I’ll never forget. Had tree branches inside my cab when I got home. And had to use my other truck to go to the farmers place and have him drag my trailer out of his field for me. Or what was left of it. 16.5 in body work was done on it.

Coletrain27

I bet you had to change your pants after that experience! Scary

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I bet you had to change your pants after that experience! Scary

My kid was going to ride with me to go pick up the smoker my brother built me, I’m glad he didn’t, I had never been so scared in my life. 100 mile a hour straight line winds. I had no idea I’d it was a tornado or what happened.

FinickyFish

My family used to chase tornadoes all the time when I lived in Southern MN. I remember one time I was in high school chasing with a buddy. I called my old man who said him and mom were chasing it from the other side, then my brother called and said he was chasing it too ha!. Call it dangerous or crazy but we all get our thrills someway. Lot harder to do now that I live in the cities.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Vortec engine must have leaked and the real tornadoes came spilling out. Known to happen sometimes on these silver-ay-do’s

CaptainMusky

Turns out the individual driving that truck was a 16 year old kid on his way to a job interview!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Will be a great life long bar story! Oh, you got chased by a bear? Hold my beer, let me show you something!

-J.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Chevy should put that on a commercial to show how “capable” their trucks are!! applause

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.