Check One Off The List

• trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

My new inflatable PFD arrived yesterday. yay yay

Comfortable and light. Couldn’t be happier.

Feels pretty good knowing that for once I’ve done the smart thing before vs after the fact.

Hope this nudges a few others to buy one before the boats come out of storage.

Pete

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’ve been looking for an inflatable but haven’t pulled the trigger on one yet. If you won’t wear one for youself, do it for your family and friends. I know a long-time CO who over the past ~30 years has seen some horrific things that could have been prevented with a PFD.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

My wife and I both wear them now. We also started wearing safety vests when sledding a couple years ago.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m very happy to hear more and more folks are wearing a PFD!

Now it’s time to start talking about the safety advantages of wearing a kill tether! woot

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

PS if anyone wants to try out a Float Tech I’m generally in the Red Wing area on most weekends. Hudson/Afton/River Falls area during the week.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

This ones a killer.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I got one a couple of years ago and love it….mine’s an Onyx but most of the brands are good. You won’t even know you have it on. One of the better investments I’ve made in a long time.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I too bought one this year right after Christmas when they were half price at cabelas

Timmy

As a lifelong non-vest guy, I bought inflatables a few yrs back and faithfully wear them when motoring now, and all the time in cold water. They are great.

In the summer heat, while fishing, still don’t. Probably should, but still am not faithful in donning them while not under power and on warm water.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

PS if anyone wants to try out a Float Tech I’m generally in the Red Wing area on most weekends. Hudson/Afton/River Falls area during the week.

<div class=”oembed-wrap”><div class=”fluid-width-video-wrapper” style=”padding-top: 56.2353%;”><iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/eAnv7uEiohQ?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=”” id=”fitvid206120″></iframe></div></div>

Jeff Huberty??? shock

queenswake
    NULL

It helps that they have gotten a lot cheaper. It’s funny how things have changed. A lot of guys wearing PFDs and wearing the face masks, long-sleeved shirts to keep out the sun. I am proud of us. mrgreen

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Got mine for Xmas this year and have worn it every time out on the river this spring. Which is more than I’ve ever worn on in the last few years combined.

It’s true, I barely notice it’s there after a few minutes on.

riverruns
    Inactive

Got mine for Xmas this year and have worn it every time out on the river this spring. Which is more than I’ve ever worn on in the last few years combined.

It’s true, I barely notice it’s there after a few minutes on.

I also have 2 of them. They are awesome for comfort. Now I’ve heard in cold water they may not work? Under a coat or sweatshirt they won’t work as well? Are they only warm weather use?

If I’m in the boat do they have to be worn at all times to be considered a legal life jacket?

Trolling and I take it off, am I legal?? Thanks.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

wore a float tech last year on a guided trip was comfy enough to say I now own 1! we were running about 20 upstream last year and hit a submerged log that was not at all visible and just about threw both of us from the boat just that quick! no brainer buy 1 and wear it

Ryan P
    Farmington

It’s true, they are so comfortable you really don’t notice them. I bought one last year to wear when fishing with the kids to set a good example. Honestly now I just wear it pretty much all the time. Important to remember they do not count as a legal PFD unless you are wearing them.

BK is right about the kill tether. Ever since the video of the college guys dumping their bass boat last year I always use that now as well. Cheap insurance, especially when you have the family on the boat.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.