Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Go to Settings
    Go to General

Change email, click SAVE
    Change password, click SAVE

Attachments:
    1. 64AD7A7C-F71E-42F3-8E5F-E64803CCC029.png

Iowaboy1

tried again this morning,still wont accept the new email address or the new password.

Hoyt4
    NULL

New computer and also having no luck being able to get new password saved.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

We’re hoping to have the email and password changing function working early next week.

Hang in there guys! waytogo

r55945

Received notice from google this website password compromised. Tried repeatedly to change. Still no luck getting saved.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I spoke with Dave this morning. The patch should be going in this weekend. (fingers crossed).

On another note R55945. I’m going to guess you got some spam. Even IF your password was compromised and even IF google could detect it… what would someone take or do with your password and login info??

Write a false fishing report? LOL!

coffee

munchy
    NULL

I spoke with Dave this morning. The patch should be going in this weekend. (fingers crossed).

On another note R55945. I’m going to guess you got some spam. Even IF your password was compromised and even IF google could detect it… what would someone take or do with your password and login info??

Write a false fishing report? LOL!

coffee

Well being most people use the same password for all of their internet accounts they can do alot. I suggest mister R start changing all of his passwords.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I guess that’s true Munch. I forgot about the “most people”.

If and when you can change your password, make it something simple for IDO. Duckbuster, fishcrusher, I think spam is too short. )

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Just tried to change the email in my profile and get the following message:

Your current password is invalid.
    No changes were made to your account.

Well, what password is invalid? Obviously not the one to IDO since I am signed on and can get to edit profile page.

Help! Thx.

Iowaboy1

still no worky.
    kind of reminds me of spam,a good idea in the beginning,,,ah,I will leave it at that.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Done

Richard Coppess

I am also having trouble resetting my password. Every time I do and click save it doesn’t remember the next time I try and log in. I have to click get new password and then click the link in my email and then they send me a new email with a new password. I have to do this every time I log in on a different time after signing out. How do I fix this? I love this website and that sucks having to do this every time.

mh454
    ND

Anyone else having issues changing their password? Tried twice and it doesn’t appear to except it as I have to log in with my old password.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Send your email ad and user name to webstaff@in-depthoutdoors .

mh454
    ND

Send your email ad and user name to webstaff@in-depthoutdoors .

Thank you. Just sent an email.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I saw it come in. Dave the fantastic IT guy will be on it soon.

duh queen

I think I just figured out why I couldn’t update my PW after receiving a reset. For months I was forced to use the reset PW I was sent because I couldn’t change it. I was logging in under my login username, not my email address. Once I logged in under my email address, I was able to change my PW.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing! I didn’t even know a person could log in with their email address! crazy

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

Email login has been available since the switch over to wordpress/bbpress/buddypress but I think there are some duplicate emails in the database caused by the idofishing/idohunting site merge. I’m not sure what issues this would cause for those accounts as far as logging in.

Also worth noting, it may be more dependable to utilize the woocommerce account editing than that of buddypress.
    https://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/my-account/edit-account/

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Also worth noting, it may be more dependable to utilize the woocommerce account editing than that of buddypress.

I have no idea what your talking about Dave but after clicking on the link, I see it’s easier to change a persons display name and password there. Nice!

The_Bladepuller
    South end

After watching & lurking for a number of years after having log on issues this thread prompted me to go and get a new password.
    BK, we talked years ago at Georgies during breakfast after both me, son in law, and bro in law had fished all night one Oct full moon.
    You were with James & ???.
    Bro in law later bought where Cassie was living from Geo.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Well welcome back to the posting side of IDO.

I believe I was with James and Dean Marshall. James was trying to show me how much fun walleye fishing at night could be. The only thing I learned is that you can NOT tie a uni knot with whatever kind of line he was using and expect his finely tuned raps to stay on. Lost two that night… crazy

I’ll have to admit, running around the big lake at night catching fish was a hoot though!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.